Brampton celebrates its cultural diversity again this year at the Carabram Multicultural Festival. The annual festival has been running since 1982. In these two special episodes of Brampton Focus, host Michael A. Charbon speaks with the organizers and finds out why Carabram has been an enduring feature in the City of Brampton.
Carabram takes place on July 8, 9, 10, at locations across the City of Brampton. The cultures featured this year are:
- Africa – Judith Nyman S.S. / 1305 Williams Pkwy
- Caribbean – Chris Gibson Rec. Centre / 125 McLaughlin Rd N.
- Canada – Unifor Local 1285 Hall / 23 Regan Road
- China – Coming Soon!
- Eelam – Brampton Soccer Centre / 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy East
- Hawaii – Victoria Park Arena /20 Victoria Crescent
- India – Victoria Park Arena / 20 Victoria Crescent
- Ireland – The Lions Hall / 45 Avondale Blvd
- Latin America – Century Gardens Recreation Centre / 340 Vodden St. E
- Nepal – Coming Soon!
- Philippines – Century Gardens Rec Centre / 340 Vodden St East
- Portugal – Century Gardens Rec Centre / 340 Vodden St East
For more information about Carabram, visit carabram.org.